Last week, YouthWorks hosted their 3rd annual Perfect Pitch at the Shaw Center in Brockton.
As the opener to the Summer Jobs program, the first 52 youth to be approved for the Summer Jobs Program received an exclusive invitation to the Perfect Pitch which gave youth the opportunity to interview with 18 of YouthWorks top employers.
Youth came dressed in professional attire and equipped with their resumes to impress employers and the employers had a chance to get to know potential candidates and find good fits for their available positions. Over the course of two and a half hours, youth rotated through and interviewed with at least 6 employers.
Thanks to all the youth who showed up and gave some impressive interviews and to Mayor Bill Carpenter for making a surprise guest appearance.
And of course thanks to all of our great employer partners including:
- A Beautiful Me, Inc
- Boys & Girls Club of Brockton
- Brockton 21st Century Corporation
- Brockton After Dark, Brockton Mayors park program
- Brockton redevelopment Corporation
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Associação Caboverdiana De Brockton
- Casa Rosario, Mexican Restaurant
- CDP Fastener Group Inc.
- Family Center
- (GGTC) Greater Generations Tabernacle Church
- Health Imperatives
- Old Colony YMCA
- Sabura – BSU
- Self Help, Inc.
- Self Help Fuel Assistant Program
- and the Summer WAVE program.
You can find the rest of the pictures from the Perfect Pitch on the YouthWorks Facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you next year!