Job Description: Youth Services Associate
Reports to: Director of Youth Services
Brockton Area Workforce Investment Board
Works with the Youth Services Director to facilitate and promote the development of an effective public workforce development system for Youth in the BAWIB region.
• Work with BAWIB staff to further develop the goals, agenda and mission of YouthWorks Brockton our Youth OneStop Career Center.
• Work with youth on job preparation skills.
• Develop partnerships with employers in our service delivery area.
• Facilitate workshops. Some topics include work readiness, leadership, life skills, etc.
Youth Development and Case Management
• Conduct intake and assessment interviews with referred youth.
• Create restorative opportunities for program participants that facilitate competency development through activities that focus on life skills.
• Maintain on-going contact with program participants and monitor progress toward completion of program requirements, providing individualized support as needed, including resource and referrals. Maintain monthly follow-up when participants exit the program.
• Coordinate connections to outside services and support systems, and promote community involvement through on-going outreach and education.
• Maintain timely and accurate records, case files and data base entries
Coordination of Activities
• Assist schools or educational partners in the identification of employer sites for student internships, student job shadows, and teacher externships.
• Develop a regional business recruitment strategy to increase employer participation in BAWIB youth activities.
• Develop audience specific marketing materials for employers and educators.
Employer Education and Marketing
• Coordinate and facilitate meetings between educators and employers to promote employer involvement in curriculum development.
• Facilitate connections between schools and employers to ensure that the education system incorporates employer input into the development of BAWIB youth activities.
• Coordinates and facilitates training for businesses and educators.
Data Management and Reporting
• Coordinates, compiles, and maintains the required database.
• Keeps accurate records and data on all program related activities.
• Assist the Director of Youth Services in preparing quarterly reports.
• Attends all meetings deemed necessary by the Director of Youth Services.
• Manages special projects as assigned or required.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
• Baccalaureate degree preferred; or Associates degree and two years related experience required.
• Demonstrated ability in coordinating and implementing work-based learning opportunities for students (i.e. job shadows, internships, mentoring).
• Experience in outreaching and recruiting businesses to participate in youth development programs.
• Experience working with school systems and/youth organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with community partners.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and learn quickly.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills.
• Ability to work as an individual and in a team environment.
• Proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft Office.
Position is full time with benefits
Position will remain open until filled
Please submit your resume and cover letter specifying the job you are applying for to:
Rachel Adams, Office Manager
34 School Street, Brockton, MA 02301
Review of resumes will begin immediately.
BAWIB does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.